Minneapolis-based rug brand Cyrus Artisan Rugs want to support incoming and current interior design students so that they can pursue their passion for beautifying the spaces people live and work in.
The winner of the Cyrus Artisan Rugs Scholarship will receive a cheque that shall be written to the recipients’ school of choice. This grant shall exclusively cover the winner’s current studies, including tuition and books. However, the winner will not be eligible to join the succeeding scholarship offer immediately after he or she has won the present grant.
Eligibility & Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled, or about to enroll, in an interior design or a similar course OR must be a high school graduate planning to study interior design or a related course in a college or university during the Spring of 2021.
- Must be in good academic standing with his/her current educational institution.
- Applicants under 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Applicants must submit the following via email:
- An original essay (minimum of 500 words, ideally in PDF format). The topic should be related to the rug industry. Alternatively, the applicant could discuss why they should receive the Cyrus Artisan Rugs Scholarship grant. This essay must NOT be previously published.
- Name, contact details, and address.
- Name and address of institution currently enrolled in or plan to attend.
- School I.D. and a government issued I.D. (i.e. driver’s license)
- Curriculum vitae
Procedure & Deadline
Applicants must send their essays to Allison Rupp at Allison@cyrusrugs.com. Deadline of submissions will be Monday 8 February 2021.
The Cyrus Artisan Rugs Scholarship will be awarded to the winner on Sunday 28 February 2021.